Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Beer and Braids Redux


My CBC Radio documentary, "Beer and Braids" is being given an "encore presentation" on a program called, "In the Field."


If you missed it, my documentary took a look at the 14th Annual Stay At Home Dads Convention in Omaha back in October. All the dads that were there are the primary care givers for their children, while mom brings home the bacon. These men are doing what they are doing by choice--and I didn't meet one who would do it any other way.

In my opinion, these men are broadening the definition of what it means to be a man. These men are loving, caring nurturers, capable of tending to scraped knees and hurt feelings. They also like beer and football.

To the best of my knowledge, none of them has lost their penis as a result of being a stay at home dad.


In short, it is a documetary about men and balance.

If you want to have a listen, click here. You'll want to listen to 'part 2.'

I dedicate this to all the amazing men I met in Omaha.

1 comment:

  1. Finally had time to listen to your doc, Cameron. Wow. That was great! Very balanced and on point. Thanks for coming to Omaha and thanks for getting the story out there about us at-home dads!

    ReplyDelete